Stubborn pockets of fat: Most of us have them, and most of us also have trouble getting rid of them. Sometimes, even with eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly, those pesky pockets won't go away. Does this sound all too familiar?
Then Dr. Reuben is the surgeon for you.
If you want to learn more about liposuction in Midvale, Utah, and how it can lead to smooth and beautiful body contours, you can request a consultation online or call our office at (801) 747-2273. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brian C. Reuben and his staff are eager to meet you and help you on your aesthetic journey.
The women and men who visit Dr. Reuben for liposuction from nearby areas including Murray, Sandy, and Salt Lake City, UT, want to look more attractive and feel more confident. Generally, our liposuction candidates:
- Have localized deposits of fat despite dieting and exercise
- Desire a more sculpted physique
- Wish to improve their proportions
- Can achieve their ideal body image through re-contouring
Types of Liposuction
Dr. Reuben offers a variety of liposuction methods to treat a range of patients. They include:
- Traditional liposuction: In this popular procedure, Dr. Reuben makes small incisions and inserts a thin metal surgical tube called a cannula, which he uses to break apart targeted fat before suctioning it out.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL): In this enhancement to the traditional approach, the cannula vibrates to automatically break fat apart, making removal quicker and easier.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): This enhancement sends ultrasound vibrations through the cannula to liquefy the fat before its removal. This approach generally causes less bleeding and hastens recovery.
- Liposculpture: This method enhances traditional liposuction with careful sculpting of the remaining fat that is left behind to fine-tune contours.
When you come to Dr. Reuben for a personal consultation, he will assess which method can best help you achieve your desires based on your body. In some cases, he may recommend a non-surgical liposuction alternative called CoolSculpting®. Or, Dr. Reuben may recommend other body procedures, such as tummy tuck surgery or options for surgery after weight loss that might be appropriate for you.
The Dr. Reuben Difference
Liposuction can help transform your body by slimming those 'trouble spots' once and for all.
- Dr. Reuben
Before your procedure, Dr. Reuben will work with you to determine the appropriate liposuction method for you. To begin, Dr. Reuben will create tiny incisions in the targeted area. Then, using either the traditional, power assisted, ultrasound assisted or liposculpture method, he will reduce the areas of unwanted fat. By using very thin cannulas, Dr. Reuben is able to achieve a smooth, sculpted look without excessive bruising and swelling. Once the areas are contoured, your incision will be closed and you will be given a compression garment to wear to help maintain your new body shape.
Patient Photo Gallery
Patient Photo Gallery
See real results of actual patients treated by Dr. Reuben. View Gallery
What to Expect Afterward
After your liposuction procedure, you can return home. While experiences vary, most patients only need about 4 days off before returning to work and resuming light activities. Most of our patients have a fairly straightforward recovery with minimal bruising and swelling. It is best to take about 4 weeks off from strenuous physical activity.